It’s that time of year again when we make resolutions. If you haven’t made your resolution yet, below is a list of apartment-specific resolutions. Feel free to steal any of these ideas, and if you’d like, leave a comment about your own resolution below!
- Buy fresh flowers for the apartment each week: You can often find great bouquets at supermarkets and flower shops around SF, and it offers nice ambiance for your apartment.
- Keep the apartment tidy: If you’re living in a studio (or even a bigger unit!), it can be hard to stay tidy, so perhaps this one is top on your list!
- Cook at home more often: Eating out can be pricey and unhealthy, so perhaps this year you will vow to use your apartment kitchen more often!
- Garden: If your apartment has a nice outdoor area (like 20th Avenue), you might work on your green thumb – it’s nice for you and your neighbors and fresh air is a plus!
- Reorganize your furniture: Sometimes something as simple as re-organizing your furniture can feel like a great new start. If you want to start fresh this year, this one may be top on your list!
- Opt to Bike: Many apartment buildings feature bike racks, but have you taken advantage of them? Maybe this year, you will vow to ride your bike to work rather than driving.
- Take More Pictures: In addition to living in charming apartments, SF residents are also lucky enough to live in one of the most beautiful cities in the world. This year, will you vow to take more pictures?
- Clean out Your Closet: Many of us are guilty of holding on to clothes that we are convinced we will wear again yet we never do. Take an afternoon to clean out your closets. To get a list of local Salvation Army drop offs, click here.
- Turn off the Tube & Read: Many of LPG’s apartments get tons of natural light, which we all know is perfect for curling up on the sofa with a good book. This year, will you trade in the clicker for a cliffhanger novel?
- Enjoy Friends & Family: Whether you are taking advantage of the cute restaurant around the corner, or cooking at home for friends and family, this may be the year that you vow to spend more time with the people that mean the most to you.
Happy New Year!